There are some great tips in the Etsy forums for getting exposure for your shop. But, before you go running off and starting a twitter, facebook, myspace, blog, 1000markets,DaWanda, etc page, what about exploring all the opportunities that are right here on Etsy?
Here are a few... (in no particular order)
1) Virtual Labs - workshops and classes. http://www.etsy.com/virtual_labs.php
You can get some wonderful tips from the newbie chats, the shop critiques etc. And just being there and asking a couple of pertinent questions can get your avatar noticed by quite a few people
2) Chat rooms - Find one you like or start your own http://www.etsy.com/chat_main.php
3) Treasuries - are a great place to do some 'passive marketing'. When I curate a treasury, I look at each of the shops that have commented and possibly feature them in my next one.
main treasury - Accessible from the Etsy home page http://www.etsy.com/treasury.php Treasuries are also a great way to shop for that elusive gift for someone.
treasury west - a 'test' treasury, but a treasury just the same. http://www.etsy.com/treasury_west.php
If you want to create one yourself just scroll to the bottom of the page to find out how!
4) Teams - are a wonderful way to meet other Etsians who share some sort of a common bond.
Find a team for yourself http://team.etsy.com/
5) Forums - With all the discussions going on, there are so many Etsians who are willing to comment on your latest creation, offer you advice or just give you a shoulder to cry on.
6) Have you looked at the other Resources that Etsy offers? http://team.etsy.com/downloads.html
There are plenty of ways right here on Etsy that can help you increase your views. And none of the resources that I've mentions cost you any money..just a little bit of time. They may not bring you the immediate sale, but without views, you cannot get that sale.
5 years ago